If you are looking for “Tubular Skylights Pros & Cons“, this article should help! Here we explain the pros and cons of tubular skylights/solar tubes to help you decide if installing them are a good investment for your home or business.
Tubular Skylights Pros & Cons
Tubular skylights allow natural light to travel through a solar tube to provide natural daylight in your home or business. With a impact resistant and durable 1 piece design, tubular skylights require no repairs or maintenance. Tubular skylights increase the amount of light they collect while also filtering out harmful UV rays that can fade your clothing or furniture. Tubular skylights don’t attribute to heat gain in your home like traditional skylights that open and close do.
Tubular Skylight Pros
- Light your home or office and save money on electricity
- Natural source of daylight with no heat gain or glare
- Won’t fade your furniture or clothing
- Almost no repairs or maintenance
- Cost less to install than traditional skylights and doesn’t require any major construction
- You can receive federal tax credits that will help lower the cost of installation
- No loss of cooling or heating energy
- Leak and damage proof design
- Sell your home faster
- Dimmer kits can be installed to block out light in entertainment rooms
Tubular Skylight Cons
- Tubular skylights don’t offer a direct look at the sky
- Tubular skylights can’t be opened like traditional skylights
- Damaged flashing can lead to roof leaks if someone messes with the install
- Can’t block out light for entertainment rooms (We offer dimmer kits that can block the light coming in to the room)
- Can build water condensation (Our tubular skylights are built to prevent water condensation)
- Not all are made for extreme temperatures like Arizona (Our tubular skylights are built for Arizona’s extreme temperatures)
By considering the pros and cons of tubular skylights, you can make a better choice on the type of natural lighting system for your business or home.
Traditional Skylight Pros & Cons
Traditional skylights are different than solar tubes or tubular skylights becuase they are simply a window that allows the sun to pass through. They are basically a framed sheet of glass on the top of your roof that opens and closes.
Traditional Skylight Pros
The biggest pro of traditional skylights is the fact that they can be manually opened or closed unlike solar tubes.
- Allow natural daylight into your home or office
- Can be used for ventilation purposed
- Can be left open or closed
- Provide daylight while still keeping privacy
Traditional Skylight Cons
The biggest con of traditional skylights is the fact that they leak after time and the sun is unfiltered.
- Costs more to install than tubular skylights due to framing, roof work and repainting needed
- The sunlight is unfiltered which can fade color on furniture and clothes
- Add to the heat gain in your home
- Causes sun glare
- Can waste cooling and heating energy
- They are built with many different parts which leave them susceptible to leaks, breakage or other damage
Tubular Skylights & Solar Attic Fan Installation Phoenix Valleywide
Elite Solar Lighting & Fans is proud to offer tubular skylights and solar attic fan installation services to the entire Phoenix valley including: Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Tucson, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise and more.