If you are looking for how to lower electric bill in Arizona, this post and our services can help! Here we list the best ways to lower your electric bill in Arizona combined with energy saving tips, products and services.
1. Install Tubular Skylights
Replacing your traditional lighting in your home or office with tubular skylights or solar tubes is one of the best ways to lower your electric bill in Arizona. Tubular skylights or solar tubes light up your home or office using natural light which is has health benefits on top of electricity savings.
2. Solar Panel Installation (Best Way To Lower Electric Bill)
Solar panel installation can help homeowners and business owners save 75% on electricity. It does cost a lot to install solar panels but with the federal and state tax credits you get right away can help bear the expense for your home or business. This is the best way to save.
3. Load Controllers
Load controllers help control the amount of electricity that is being used during high cost kilowatt hours. They basically shut off your appliances during the most expensive times of the day. However, if you want to run electricity during those hours, you just have to switch your loads back on.
4. Wi-Fi Thermostats
Wi-Fi thermostats help you be in control of the temperature of your home from wherever you are using a mobile app or application on your computer. Never worry if you left the air conditioner or heater on again with thermostat control in the palm of your hand.
5. Turn Your Air Conditioner Down
GreenLife Energy Experts says, “You can save 2-3% instantly on your electric bill by setting your SRP or APS thermostat settings to 1 degree warmer.” You can also change your air conditioners air filter out once a month to keep your ac working at 100% efficiency.
6. Install A Solar Attic Fan
Solar attic fans are fans that are designed to circulate attic air. Most of the heat that makes it into your home makes its way through your attic. Most attics don’t have an attic fan and installing one can keep your attic cool, which keeps your home cooler; saving you money on electricity.
7. Install Ductless Mini Split AC Units
According to Energy.Gov, “Since mini splits have no ducts, they avoid the energy losses associated with ductwork of central forced air systems. Duct losses can account for more than 30% of energy consumption for space conditioning, especially if the ducts are in an unconditioned space such as an attic.” Ducless mini split ac units also cost less to run and use 60% less energy than a central air conditioning unit.
28 Other Ways To Lower Electric Bill In Arizona
- Keep window blinds, shutters or drapes closed during the daytime.
- Don’t place appliances next to thermostat, the heat turns the unit on.
- Turning your air conditioner down 1 degree save 2-3% on your electricity bill.
- Set ceiling fans to blow down during the summer.
- Instead of taking baths, take showers, it saves your hot water heater from having to run a lot.
- Turning your water heater from 140° to 120° can lower your electric bill by $10 per month.
- Use tubular skylights instead of traditional skylights.
- Use Wi-Fi thermostats instead of traditional thermostats.
- Don’t use your dryer to dry clothes, hang them up instead. Anything that uses heat, uses a lot of electricity.
- Don’t use your dishwasher; Wash your dishes by hand to save money on electricity.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- During the winter make sure your the damper in your fireplace is closed to prevent air from going up the chimney
- Set your ceiling fan to auto so the fan won’t keep blowing after the AC is turned off. Using the auto setting vs the on setting can lower your electric bill by $15-$25 per month.
- Use the fan in your bathroom to remove humidity and heat from your home after taking a bath or shower.
- Wash clothes in cold water instead of hot water to save even more.
- Replace lighting with energy efficient LED lighting.
- Paint the walls in your home a lighter color. This will make light reflect better and lower need for more lighting.
- Do not install a freezer or refrigerator in your garage. Operating a refrigerator in a hot garage can cost your up to $15-$20 per month.
- Use outside grill instead of oven in the summer to reduce your home’s internal temperature.
- Keep your oven door closed at all times during cooking. You lose from 25 to 50 degrees every time your open it.
- Don’t let your oven preheat longer than it needs to.
- Dry your dishes with the air and reduce the cost of using dishwasher electricity
- Dry clothes consecutively to use up the residual heat left over from the previous load.
- Make sure and clean your dryer’s lint filter for additional energy savings.
- Don’t run your dishwasher if it is not a full load.
- Make sure your fridge or freezer is set the manufacturers recommended temperature.
- Stop leaving the outside light on after morning time.
- Buy Energy Star appliances and electronics as these devices use most of the electricity in your home.
Tubular Skylights & Solar Attic Fan Installation Phoenix Valleywide
Elite Solar Lighting & Fans is proud to offer tubular skylights and solar attic fan installation services to the entire Phoenix valley including: Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise and more.